- PTSA funds Staff Requests to enhance our students’ experience at the school, in the classroom and as members of clubs here at the Hive.
- PTSA awards Senior Scholarships to qualifying, graduating seniors who apply.
- PTSA sponsors a National PTA Arts Program, Reflections, allowing our students to be recognized for their imagination and creativity as embodied in their original works of art.
- PTSA invites Speakers to join our meetings to offer important information to our community on hot topics, such as the college applications experience, A-G requirements, the availability of mental health resources and the dangers of vaping. Our Principal also attends all of our meetings to update us on the progress of the school year and to answer any questions.
- PTSA stages its annual Oxnard High’s Got Talent, which is not only a fundraiser, but also an opportunity to show case the incredible talent of our Jackets!
We invite you to join Oxnard High PTSA as we work to support programs that serve the needs of our community. Be a part of PTSA’s effort to make Oxnard High School the best that it can be for all of our students and JOIN TODAY!
Meeting and Speaker Series Dates
|September 8, 2020, 6 p.m. via Zoom
Click to view recording of presentation
|OUHSD Interim Superintendent, Dr. Tom McCoy|
|January 12, 2021, 6 p.m. via Zoom||OHS Social and Emotional Specialist, Judith Isaac, and OHS Psychologists, Claudia Avila and Andrea Payne|
|March 9, 2021, 6 p.m. via Zoom||OHS College & Career Counselor, Constina Baylor|
|May 11, 2021||Place and Speaker to be Determined|
We invite you to join us for our quarterly Meetings, each of which is paired with a different Speaker from our Speaker Series. As we select Speakers for our Speaker Series, email us with the topics you would like to see addressed.
Oxnard High PTSA is pleased to announce our unit winners:
Film Production – Award of Excellence, Andrew Chavez
Literature – Award of Excellence, Jacqueline Ullrich
Music Composition – Award of Excellence, Angel Lopez
Photography – Award of Excellence, Gabriela Cruz
Visual Arts – Award of Excellence, Anna May Groshong
Visual Arts- Award of Merit -Tiffany Abrams
Visual Arts, Award of Merit – Emily Tran.
All award winners are now advancing on to judging at the Council level.
PTSA hopes you will join us in participating in our upcoming Restaurant Fundraisers:
All Blown Up Cardboard Cut Out and Lawn Sign Fundraiser – Last year, parents ordered big heads and cut outs to celebrate their seniors at graduation. Why wait for graduation? Celebrate your seniors now – and why just seniors?! There are big heads and cut outs and yard signs for any student – scholar, athlete, volunteer, club member – you name it! Any occasion and anyone could benefit from one of these. Make your purchase on the Oxnard High PTSA portal of alblownup’s website here: https://allblownup.com/oxnard-fund/
Amazon Smile – You Shop… Amazon Donates! AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support Oxnard High PTSA at no cost to you. When you shop at https://smile.amazon.com/ch/23-7085478, you’ll find the exact same products, same prices and same service as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchase to Oxnard High PTSA.
|Print off the attached PDF flyers for more information and remember to bring the flyers with you to the events. Help support PTSA as we fund programs that benefit the Oxnard High School community.|
Staff Request Procedure
Oxnard High PTSA has provided for Staff Requests in its annual budget for 2020-21. Teachers, staff and administrators seeking funds from PTSA need to submit a request. Proposals may be for projects, activities, books, equipment or anything that enhances the academic lives of students at Oxnard High School. An applicant will be notified of the status of the request once the PTSA Executive Board, in conjunction with the principal, has had an opportunity to review and consider it. Please see the following link for the required form to be submitted: