What is High School Dual Enrollment?
Dual enrollment is for K-12 students who wish to take college classes in addition to their K-12 courses. The goal is
to provide students who can benefit from advanced scholastic and vocational education the opportunity to take
college-level courses that are not available through their primary school or other alternatives.
How to get started at Ventura College.
- Apply for admission to Ventura College
- Portal & Orientation: Activate your portal & complete orientation
- Your acceptance email will be sent to the email you used to create your OpenCCC Account when you applied.
- The acceptance email contains a link to set up the portal
- Click on the link to activate your MyVCCCD student portal after your acceptance email is received
- Sometimes the acceptance email goes to an "Important," "Other," or "Junk" folder
- View this How-to-Video for assistance setting up your portal.
- Complete the orientation online through your MyVCCCD portal under the MySuccess tab
Apply For Admission
- Apply to the CCCRegistry
- Receive welcome email to your personal email used to apply - (note: do not use a high school emailaccount, it must be a personal email, set one up for free on Gmail, yahoo, iCloud, etc., or you won’t receive the welcome email).
- Set up student portal & access Ventura College
- Apply to Ventura College Link & Video
How long does the entire dual enrollment process take from application to registration? The entire process can take anywhere from 24 hours to 7 business days.
- Application – 24-48 hours
- DE Form [submission-processing] 24 hours – 5 business days depending on Counselor\Principal and Parent\Guardian for approvals. Forms are processed in the order received.
- Registration – students register themselves via the MyVCCCD student portal once their Dual Enrollment form has been processed, watch your MyVCCCD student email for a notification.
- Pay any balance due, to lock-in registration.