in this section…
- Brag Sheet
- School Profile
- Special Programs
- College Transition
- Contact Us
Seniors planning to attend Ventura College in the fall MUST complete the following 3 steps!
- Complete your VC application on-line to get your new student ID number. If you need help completing the application, there will be application workshops on March 20th and April 17th. You must have your VC student ID number for the next 2 steps.
- Sign up to take the assessment tests in English & Math on April 24th from 8am to 12pm in the small gym.
- Sign up to attend the required orientation & counseling field trip to VC on April 25th from 8am to 12pm.
Students need to see Ms. Carrasco in the College & Career Center to sign up for all 3 steps! Space is limited so make sure you sign up right away!
When space is full, students will have to contact VC on their own to complete the assessments & orientation at the VC campus.
- Interface Crisis Hotline - 211
- Kids 2 Kids - (805)573-0752 or (805)640-1632
- Food Pantry at Saint Paul's - (805)643-5033
- Catholic Charities - (805)486-2900
- Rescue Mission - (805)487-1234
About the Counseling Department
The Oxnard High School Counselors are dedicated to helping you throughout your high school career. We offer academic, personal, social, and college to career counseling. As servants to our students we are student advocates, organize parent-teacher conferences and tutoring programs, and provide referrals to community agencies.
For parents, we provide educational and long-range planning, ensure a positive learning environment, and will connect you to Parent View, our online access to student attendance and academic progress. In addition, we provide information and events for community agencies, ROP, and assist foreign exchange students. Finally, we work in close partnership with the College & Career Center to provide services and information to colleges, trade schools, financial aid, scholarships, and the military.
- College Transition
- College Board
- UC Pathways
- CSU Mentor
- Financial Aid for College
- OUHSD Curriculum Framework
- OUHSD Graduation Requirements
- OUHSD Listing of Helpful Online Resources
- Scholarship Help
- Visit www.testpreview.com to take practice tests like the ACT, ASVAB, CAHSEE, GED, and SAT, among many others.