Oxnard High School was established in 1901 and currently serves over 3,000 culturally and socioeconomically diverse students. The parents, students, staff, and community support our school’s excellence and Yellowjacket spirit. The present school is a state-of-the art replacement facility that opened in 1995. All of our permanent classrooms have internet access. The physical plant includes four computer labs, a library information center, a career center, a performing arts theatre, an amphitheater, two gymnasiums, and football stadium with a press box, an all-weather tartan track, and an Olympic size competition pool.
Oxnard High School is committed to high standards of academic excellence and personal behavior, and believes in the fundamentals of success, diversity, and empowerment.
History of OHS
The Oxnard Union High School District was organized by a group of Oxnard citizens on October 4, 1901. Adolfo Camarillo was one of those citizens and ranchers who helped create Oxnard High. The boundary was from the Ventura River to the Los Angeles County line, and Oxnard High was the only school in the district. The first class began in 1902 and had 41 students, one principal, and two teachers. The courses offered were Latin, English, history, and mathematics.